Sportsbook business is one of the profitable choices for investors and operators. Most sportsbooks accept bets on plenty of major sporting events such as basketball, baseball, boxing, and many more. The sportsbook industry contributes to 30-40% of the global gambling market. In the area of sports betting, investors and betting companies are growing well in the market. They are opting for sports betting software development solutions that ensure high returns. According to statistical records, the sports betting business is reaching a $104 billion business. The statistical survey shows that almost 50% of people above 18 years are interested in placing a bet in a sportsbook. The researchers predict that the industry will reach $8 billion in revenue by 2025. They estimated that the growth rate of the sportsbook industry will be more than 10% during 2020-2024.
Market Survey of Sportsbook Industry
- The market for gross gambling is expected to generate 400 billion dollars each year in the USA.
- The sportsbook market is expected to grow to 155.49 billion dollars by the end of 2024.
- As per the expert of GlobeNewswire, the sportsbook market will grow by 8.83% between 2018-2024.
- The sportsbook industry is rising in the area of North and south America, Europe, APAC, and MEA. The largest market share of sports betting is in the Asia Pacific region.
- According to the forecast of CAGR, the growth rate of sports betting will increase by 11%.
- It has been recognized that there are more than 25 vendors available in the market for operating sportsbooks in the market.
- According to the guidelines of the American Gaming Association, there are more than 2800 active online sites available in the market that includes casinos, poker, lottery, and bingo.
Also Read : Mobile Phone Tracker App: TheOneSpy Review
Recent Legalization in Sportsbook Industry
- Due to restriction of laws in the U.S. many states were prohibited from the sportsbook industry but legalization in sportsbooks generated new opportunities for the industry and entrepreneurs.
- As per the records of Investment firms, legalization in the U.S. will grow by $ 7 billion in revenue by the end of 2025.
- Many of the states in the U.S. demand the sportsbook industry to improve its revenue model in the market.
- Initially, Delaware and New Jersey were the states for attaining this opportunity of a sportsbook that generated $ 385 million within a month.
- The legalization causes sportsbook development opportunities for the future.
- There are 13 states in the U.S. where the sportsbook is legal and shortly many other states will follow their state legislatures.
- These legal states include Pennsylvania, New York, Rhode Island, Nevada, Lowa, New Jersey, West Virginia, Mississippi, Indiana, etc.
- The UK has the most developed laws regarding the sportsbook industry. It has one of the oldest sportsbooks in the world.
- Countries like the U.S. are now allowing sportsbook industries but it has become legal in the U.K. since 1960.
- For License Conditions and Code of Conduct, the UK Gambling Commission introduced new rules and regulations that determine norms that ought to be fulfilled by iGaming operators.
- The UK Gambling Commission plans the following norms:
- Improved standards of transparency
- Enhance standards for ADR
- Developed voluntary funds for gambling harm
- Plan measures for consumer protection
- In 2020, sports betting licenses are planned to be developed in Germany.
- In Germany, the gambling authority has issued minimum requirements that have to be fulfilled for licensing.
- The requirements cover the following areas that are required for licensing:
- Payment processing
- IT security
- Protection to minors
- Responsible and appropriate gambling
Growing Future Aspects of Sportsbook Industry
Due to the increasing demand for betting, the number of investors is also increasing in the market. With legalization efforts, the sportsbook industry is expected to grow in the future. Following are the future scenarios of the sportsbook industry:
Global Market will get Enlarge
There were 97% of people who placed bets illegally but legalization in sportsbooks brings new upsurge of development for the industry. The sportsbook industry will become more efficient and can influence a large number of bettors in the market.
Direct Profit to Sports Events and Leagues
Many sports events and leagues are in partnership with the gambling industry and other data companies to create share profit opportunities. Thus, direct profitability to sports events and leagues will improve the revenue model in the sportsbook industry.
Online Real-Time Betting
Online betting via mobile phones will be the most growing scenario for the sportsbook industry as it enables the comfort level of the users, it is expected to grow in the future. The investors will also prefer an online betting mode to revise their revenue model in the market.
Scope for Operators
In the upcoming years, many new operators and existing investors will witness a great count of audience. Due to increasing in demand and popularity, existing and new operators will be benefited from the industry to increase their number of users. The upcoming trends will open new doors for sports betting operators.
Increasing competition among high-tech companies
Well-known high tech companies are also moving towards the sportsbook industry to increase their revenue share in the market. There are industries with digital platforms now prefer to expand their business in the sportsbook industry, due to a high level of competition. This shows that in the future there will be more competition among new high-tech companies and existing sportsbook operators.
These above future aspects of the sportsbook show the upcoming opportunities for operators and investors. These aspects show that to expand the business in the iGaming industry, sportsbooks can be a better choice for the operators. The operators can also analyze the following factors before investing in the sportsbook industry:
- Research regarding the market and the industry
- Examine the target audience
- Analyzing the trends and scope of the industry geographically
- Develop sports betting software
- Create appropriate requirements sheet
- Research for best sports betting software provider
Due to the increasing demand for sports betting software in the market, the number of operators is also increasing rapidly. There are many options available in the iGaming industry but sportsbooks seem to be more profitable than others. As stated above, statistical records also show the future growth of the industry. It is expected that the sportsbook industry will generate huge revenue in the upcoming years. As discussed above the future aspects also represent the growing aspects of sportsbooks in the future. Thus, operators must opt for sportsbooks to influence a large number of audiences and revise their revenue model in the market.